Presentation: RT: Request Tracker, Jesse Vincent
RT is an industrial-grade ticketing system. It lets a group of people
intelligently and efficiently manage requests submitted by a community
of users. RT is used by systems administrators, customer support staffs,
NOCs, developers and even marketing departments at over a thousand sites
around the world.
How it works
Many sites have RT set up something like this:
(The workflow is quite
flexible and RT can easily be customized to work well for your
- Someone sends email to email@example.com reporting a problem or issue.
- RT records the new issue in its database and sends the user an electronic "ticket stub"
which he can refer to in further correspondence about this issue.
- RT forwards the email to a set of staff members.
- One of the staff members takes ownership of the issue and drafts a reply to the user,
which RT automatically records and forwards to the user.
- The staff member resolves the ticket and heads down to the pub for a pint.
If you would like to be a speaker on the Scandinavian Perl Workshop, please read the Call For Papers or contact us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.